Deco (or Stage) bottle rigging.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

AquaTec once bubbled...

Deep diving will never be maintream, and for those who are doing deep dive the information is there. it is however kept out of the maintream on purpose. but just like nitrox, it does eventualy make its way to the mainstream recreational diver

Where is Leighs Info then?

Dave

Aquamaniac once bubbled...
Thats the second time I have seen that twit, where did the pics come from?
Is he still alive??
End my inquisitive streak PLEASE!!

Right here

Sorry for my tardyness on the reply aquatec, the water beckoned me........:D

Im not about to get into rights and wrongs on gear configurations, I dont have enough knowledge to be a true judge.

The "twit" comment was a little harsh, and for that I am sorry, It was just a first impression, actually looking at the pic, its not the person I thought it was. Anyone ever see Orings old profile?
I thought it was that person.
Im not saying I dont think there is alot wrong in the picture, or that its a dangerous looking pic, Im just not going to go into detail about my reasons for it, My opinion is mine, right or wrong.

After every dive I become more and more critical, but the side effect is I that become safer and safer.

I like criticism, it breeds change, and is all part of the learning process. One can NEVER stop learning.

Some people like to be critiqued others dont, I feel the person in the pic doesnt like to be criticised, and therefore...................well read what you like into that.

Dave

Aquamaniac

Looking for your original post I ran across this one, i must have missed it. I understand your view point better, and will back off.

I don't agree with you view point on critisism, but i can live with that. sounds like an issue from your childhood:)

AquaTec once bubbled...

Deep diving will never be maintream, and for those who are doing deep dive the information is there. it is however kept out of the maintream on purpose.

this format would deffinetly be mainstream, once you start diving with people doing dives deeper than 300, 400, 500 feet or more the circle of information flows quite freely. and you start to act as support divers for others doing deep dives so you general see what works first hand

AquaTec once bubbled...

That makes since Rick, maybe there is a rule about equipment usage, that could be considered staged....I would think that the idea would have occured to him.

if you mean a sled like we use in freediving competitions, I believe there is something about not using a rope system. like Bennet used
No, I wasn't thinking about a tethered sled like in unlimited freediving.. The question is how to handle ten tanks. I'd think a sled, streamlined and neutrally buoyant (with it's own buoyancy system that could be adjusted as gas was used) would be easier to handle than the "rotary magazine" looking system pictured. In open ocean I'd likely sling it on my belly rather than my back for easier handling. It'd be interesting to develop and play with.
But decidedly not "DIR."
Rick

Rick Murchison once bubbled...

No, I wasn't thinking about a tethered sled like in unlimited freediving.. The question is how to handle ten tanks. I'd think a sled, streamlined and neutrally buoyant (with it's own buoyancy system that could be adjusted as gas was used) would be easier to handle than the "rotary magazine" looking system pictured. In open ocean I'd likely sling it on my belly rather than my back for easier handling. It'd be interesting to develop and play with.
But decidedly not "DIR."
Rick

I agree with you Rick. I have often thought of a sled idea, maybe with a scooter incorperated. with a method of controling the boyancy. completly independent of yourself.

other than that, i would probably side mount four in the standard configuration, the rest on my front. as the gas was used, I would clip them behind me and let them trail. or you could simply let them pop to the surface as you used the gas

AquaTec once bubbled...

I agree with you Rick. I have often thought of a sled idea, maybe with a scooter incorperated. with a method of controling the boyancy. completly independent of yourself.

You could patent the idea and give it a crazy name, I dunno something like "submarine"

You could patent the idea and give it a crazy name, I dunno something like "submarine"

i see why you picked the kangaroo with the gloves on. you like to poke and jab.

FINALLY!!!!!!!!!!!! Someone understands my Avitar

:poking:

Im a nice guy really, come dive with me sometime, Ill show another way to look at life

I would love to come to Aus. Living here in Whistler, BC. I meet so many Australians. You all are so fun to party with. and Ausi chick are the hottest around

I also offer the same invetation, come up to BC Canada and I will show you a whole new way to look at life.

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom