Deco Or No Deco? What Happened With My Two Computers???

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The nitek duo is the computer everyone learned to love to hate. IMHO it is best used in gauge mode. Even with the conservancy set to 0 and useing for the secon gas it keeps you in the water waaaayyyy to long. I will make a quantum leap here and hope you bought the duo cause you are looking forward to tech lite? If that is true do yourself a favor and put it in gauge mode, buy vplanner or simmilar around 100.0 bucks and start cutting tables for back up and fly your veo. I am going to guess after 50 dives like that you will start to see the bigger picture, yet still have redundancy for your primary.
Eric

Even though most puters have planning options, sitting on the sofa with a vplanner on your lap top is priceless even if all you do is run tables for dives you have allready logged to see what you can see.

what was your buddies comp. reading?
we always ride the most conservative up here...
more fun with freinds!!!!-twice the confusion!holy crap!that would be 4 computers!!!!!!!!!!
and if there was a group.....
dive safe
use your head
dont push the limits without the knowledge of the risk of the outcome
oh, and have fun too!!!
yaeg

My primary computer is a Suunto, which everyone loves to label as conservative.

But on a cold-water high-altitude dive it will give me a much shorter stop than some other makes. I've had to pause for ten minutes for a buddy's computer to clear.

As said before, if you wear two (as I do) you have to consult them both and deal with it.

Yeah, those S's don' get no respec' :D

They have served me well for 1000+ outings including in gauge mode for slated deco. But I'm known to call dives for the cold rather than the NDLs. If more than 15% of my dives had been in warm water I'd surely have switched to another make.

But Iceland -- kudos.!

The nitek duo is the computer everyone learned to love to hate. IMHO it is best used in gauge mode. Even with the conservancy set to 0 and useing for the secon gas it keeps you in the water waaaayyyy to long. I will make a quantum leap here and hope you bought the duo cause you are looking forward to tech lite? If that is true do yourself a favor and put it in gauge mode, buy vplanner or simmilar around 100.0 bucks and start cutting tables for back up and fly your veo. I am going to guess after 50 dives like that you will start to see the bigger picture, yet still have redundancy for your primary.
Eric

Even though most puters have planning options, sitting on the sofa with a vplanner on your lap top is priceless even if all you do is run tables for dives you have allready logged to see what you can see.

Hey Eric I bought it because I just became Cave 1 certified and it is inevitable that I take an advanced nitrox and deco course if I want to advance further. I was looking for a simple 2 gas computer since I have no burning desire to go any deeper than 130 feet and trimix is not in my future. :) Plus the guy was selling it at a price I couldn't refuse. It's virtually a new computer with only 14 previous dives. Once I take the class I do plan on getting a V-Planner.

Hey Eric I bought it because I just became Cave 1 certified and it is inevitable that I take an advanced nitrox and deco course if I want to advance further. I was looking for a simple 2 gas computer since I have no burning desire to go any deeper than 130 feet and trimix is not in my future. :) Plus the guy was selling it at a price I couldn't refuse. It's virtually a new computer with only 14 previous dives. Once I take the class I do plan on getting a V-Planner.

This is so funny!!! You just do not know. I urge you to print that post out, put it in your sock drawer, and pull it out and re-read it 3 years from now! We all said that, is the joke. lol

We all also bought the duo or simmilar for the same reason you stated. It will serve you well in gauge mode later. Good luck and enjoy the ride.
Eric

p.s.
buy v planner now. It is an excellant choice for planning all dives, ndl or deco.

That's funny.

I use V-planner and a Uwatec bottom timer. My Nitek Duo is used in gauge mode.

-Mitch

I dive with (2) of the same computer ( Duo and N2ition) that way they will read the same thing. If one fails - the other is there for backup. I like that it is comservative and keeps me in the water for a little to long.

Typically when I leave the bottom with around 10 minutes of Deco -by the time I get to the bar I am cleared except for the SS. I have learned the computer and got a good feel for how it behaves at different depths. I do a deep stop at half max depth, even when not required and as long as the max depth was less than 130, the stop clears a lot. I also ascend VERY slowly from 35 to 15 feet which often clears the last few minutes.

I know some hate this computer and some love it - I love it.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom