Decision Time: GoPro 13 or DJI Action Pro 5

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Diver-6873

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
Time to decide . . .

Time to decide on an upgrade for my wife . . . She is an almost daily GoPro 9 user - underwater from surface to just below 30m. For the past few years all using natural light with a flip macro used when needed.

Trying to decide between the GoPro 13 and the Action Pro 5. I’m not even sure if anyone makes a macro (or other filters) for the Action Pro lineup.

I’m trying to see if anyone makes a “flip type” macro lens for the Action Underwater housing since she uses this with the old GoPro 9 frequently.

Any divers want to back-roll in with their observations or experiences with the prior 4?

The videos on the Action 5 do look a lot better than the Action 4 which IMO often struggled in overall image quality, but no comparison videos from anyone that isn't from a DJI insider yet. So I would take anything at this point with a grain of salt.

Time to decide . . .

Time to decide on an upgrade for my wife . . . She is an almost daily GoPro 9 user - underwater from surface to just below 30m. For the past few years all using natural light with a flip macro used when needed.

Trying to decide between the GoPro 13 and the Action Pro 5. I’m not even sure if anyone makes a macro (or other filters) for the Action Pro lineup.

I’m trying to see if anyone makes a “flip type” macro lens for the Action Underwater housing since she uses this with the old GoPro 9 frequently.

Any divers want to back-roll in with their observations or experiences with the prior 4?
aoi makes adapter for gopro/dji/insta360 adapter that can attached they own macro lens... its all on the high side...

on the 'low' side ... then stick with gopro + backscatter flip

both camera will do well in uw footage...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom