Dec. 30th - Porteau Wall

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Sintax604

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Anybody interested in playing tour guide and proving to me that Porteau actually has a wall? I've never done it but I've heard glorious tales of it's uh, glory.

Failing that, anybody up for a couple dives at Porteau (or somewhere else) Wednesday morning... say 9ish?

Well, I've never even heard of a wall at Porteau, but I'm up for Wednesday in any case.

Good luck with the dives wish I could go
Its a nice short dive at lest one tank, and since its the off camping season you should be able to get a parking spot at the end of the camping area

Dave

Well, ok, there's two of us, I guess we're going wall huntin'.

Cram, are you ok for a 9am meet at Porteau?

Anyone else who wants to join is welcome!

Well, I've never even heard of a wall at Porteau, but I'm up for Wednesday in any case.

So did you find a wall? I suspect somebody got confused with the walls at Whytecliff and gave you bad info.....

The wall is in a secret hiding place that only I know, pay me $1,000 and I will tell you where it is :evil:

When I get home I will draw you a map for it. I am going diving right now :)

So did you find a wall? I suspect somebody got confused with the walls at Whytecliff and gave you bad info.....

Well, no, we didn't find it... but I think we got close. We got to half air just as we crossed over from a barren wasteland of sand onto a barren wasteland of small rocks. If the trend continued, I predict that we would have hit a wall in about 5 hours :)

There IS a wall there. I think you just have to walk all the way to end of the walk-in camping area and then jump in the drink. There's a large wally-type thing above the water over there... I think I'll look there next.

The wall is in a secret hiding place that only I know, pay me $1,000 and I will tell you where it is :evil:

I know how to get there but it'll only cost you $98.95 + HST

Would be interested in diving the wall next Saturday?

You can see the map pointing out where the wall is. Now cough up the money.
porteau.png

The gate to that part of the park may be closed for the winter. It was closed last winter. This might mean a loooong surface swim or walk.

Back
Top Bottom