death at kirkfeild today

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

It sounds like it was a Solo Course? Is that correct?

What agency?

PADI used to be opposed to solo Diving but I am told that PADI now has a "Self-Reliant Diver" class.

Last edited:
Hello,

I have worked with the victim for the last ten years. I live in Colorado and have found it difficult to get any information on the investigation. I am also a scuba diver so would really like to know what happened.

Does anyone have any info on causality?
Do autopsies get made public in Canada? They do here but it often times takes a month or two.

I'm haunted by the thought of my friend dying - especially in some painful and horrible way. I'd like to thank the folks who knew about what happened or were there posting their thoughts here. Much more info - even if speculative than what I've been able to find elsewhere.

Thanks in advance

. . . . .

I think all good divers have moments they reflect on where they did something either stupid or risky where they made it out alive through either luck or help. I know I have a few moments like that I reflect every now and then. These events likely occurred on this dive and didn't turn out well.

Having read shadow divers just days ago, it's clear there are dangers and it is clear that even the best face them.

obviously you can't read, like I said it is "UNLIKELY" from the depth of the quarry, for the course he was taking he would need to have atleast his Rescue which means having a fair amount of dives in already, straight shot to the surface from 20-30ft which is where they were most likely at is not something a Rescue diver would do anymore, and if he was that weak of a diver then we go back to the instructor!! why was he taking the course??

You seem to be having difficulty communicating.

Would you like to try again and explain the meaning of that last post?

I'm sure everyone would like to benefit from your considerable experience and expertise.

Abnfrog.....he was on a course with your club I believe. Therefore his safety was in the clubs hands and therefore I hope for the clubs sake that the intire event was being controlled. From what I know it was far from it but I guess we will find out soon. Also I've been watching your comments here on the board over the last year or so, you really should just go away right now and avoid the board all together

Let me just try to understand this post... You say you have been watching this guys posts on the board for over a year now but you just became a member in June of this year, around the time this topic came up... hmm (interesting caveboy).

So leads me to my next point... i haven't been watching you posts for longer than a few days and I've already come to the same conclusion you had. I would recommend you go back to your original screen name with 30 dives
and stop pretending to be someone else. Basically because you aren't contributing anything to this thread...

thanks
Garth (since i was born)

obviously you can't read, like I said it is "UNLIKELY" from the depth of the quarry, for the course he was taking he would need to have atleast his Rescue which means having a fair amount of dives in already, straight shot to the surface from 20-30ft which is where they were most likely at is not something a Rescue diver would do anymore, and if he was that weak of a diver then we go back to the instructor!! why was he taking the course??

You make very little sense. I will not even go into how stupid your posts make you sound. You have obviously come on this board with an agenda. Please understand that the majority of the people who frequent this board are very experienced divers. I find it hard to believe that someone with a 1000 dives (if in fact you do have that experience) could make the kinds of statements you do.
So Caveboy ... what is your agenda ?

Caveboy is gone. He made a screen name solely for this thread and now is not coming back.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom