death at kirkfeild today

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

just to inform all the instructor in this incident is no longer a sdi/tdi instructor he has also closed down his store make of that what you will

just to inform all the instructor in this incident is no longer a sdi/tdi instructor he has also closed down his store make of that what you will

As a result of an investigation?

the short answer is yes but as usual its complicated , lets just say procedures were not followed ...................

Hi Steve, the store's been closed for a long time though, right? Do you mean that he's no longer running out of his home?

after it got out that the widow was pursuing legal remedy it closed .. website is still up though

can you share anything else with us... a name or URL perhaps. If there is a potential for this person to do further harm, and my guess is that you feel there is, there is surely some responsibility to let the community know... we can make up our own minds from that point on. I really don't see a conflict. If you were a member of the TAP at SDI/TDI I would understand you'd be in a different position. But you are not and nor am I and have not been for many years, so no insider information conflicts.

Did the instructor tell you he/she no longer teaches for the agencies?

Steve you or anyone else can look up on tdi sdi website . That the store and the instructor is (are ) not in teaching status ... you can call headquarters and ask... if they are so inclined to tell you the story, so be it , i took the time to follow it (the story or investigation if you like ) myself , to answer you direct question , i personally saw (knew ) of standards breach and as per OUR commitment to the agencies (more than 1) i did what WE ALL agreed to do (leadership) .....report it , because of not doing the right thing (my opinion of course ) i no longer teach for ACUC (along with another instructor who decided the same ) i get really pissed at some instructors (up to higher level instructors ) breaking standards , and thinking that because they know people (friends of the people running said agencies ) or have been around since "Christ was a corporal " that they can " get over " with breaches when the rest of the conforming instructors go about teaching in a proper manner never breaking standards . sorry for the rant but had to get this off my chest . do i believe he is still a danger .....? who knows hes still in possession of a teaching certificate ......i can always be called to testify ..............(.i always keep great records ) of what i see hear read .................tiwiw

All I asked for was a link mate.

No need to get defensive.

I'd just like to know who and what this is all about. I was not aware of the original accident, and in the final analysis, you brought up the topic of his/her teaching status. I honestly thought you knew something. I have no more pull with training at SDI/TDI than anyone else and nobody at HQ would be at liberty to tell me anyway. That's not the way an agency works... you know that.

The reason I suggest being up front about it is that I am unlikely to make the mistake of signing up with them to take a class, but some other poor ****er on this board might...

Anyhow, I'm off to speak to the proofer for a new book on... risk management... go figure.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom