Dealing with the dark?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

TexasFencer, I understand your feelings! One of the things I still hate is when eight or ten divers converge on the octopus den in the dark, all of them in black drysuits, doubles, blue gloves, and HID lights. It gets really stressful, trying to keep track of who I came to the party with . . . Reflective letters on the side of the tanks helps, but that's not an option if you rent. Being very aware of anything that's different about your own buddy (colored fins, or in my case, a bright orange wing with a reflective stripe on it, or my husband's light grey gloves) will also help. Using a colored glowstick on the tank isn't a bad thing to do, either, particularly while you are new.

Night diving can be quite bewildering, and getting confused in a group definitely adds to it.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom