Deaf diver considering Dive Master

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hi All. I have bilateral Cochlear Implants so when I am on a boat or on land I can hear. When in the water I am deaf. I have been diving for over 30 years. I have been thinking lately about the possibility of getting my Padi dive master and possibly instructor with the intent that when my daughter graduates I would someplace for the winters (I live in Minnesota) and work as a DM or Instructor for the winter months. My question is is this reasonable and would anyplace hire me without the ability to hear when on the surface after a dive. I do have a water proof processor that I can wear in the water to a depth of 10'. I could however put it in a dry case and take it with and then put it on once I am surfaced. Look forward to anyones thoughts!!
Hi,
I'm a marine scientist in Australia with single-sided hearing (5.5. years) and CI in left ear (3 years) and had lots of discussions about getting my commercial dive medical again. I would be keen to hear about your diving experiences with a CI. Can take offline if you wish.
Cheers,
Miles

Hi,
I'm a marine scientist in Australia with single-sided hearing (5.5. years) and CI in left ear (3 years) and had lots of discussions about getting my commercial dive medical again. I would be keen to hear about your diving experiences with a CI. Can take offline if you wish.
Cheers,
Miles
Hi Milo I’m happy to chat. Feel free to call or text or whatsapp 1-612-987-4010
Greg

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom