Deadalus - Any stories?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Rirarianneke

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Today I got my tickets for my holiday next week and to my surprise I found out that the boat (M.Y. Rosetta) is also visiting Deadalus reef. Has anyone been here and what where your experiences.
I already found some good websites, my it is always nice to hear some personal stories (also I am quite curious about the boat, any stories about that?)

It is probably the most isolated reef in the red sea. Was a few years since my last visit, but a highlight was a threasher shark on the sandy plateau on the south side. Also a small group of scallped hammerhead sharks (6-7) on the north side of the reef. The soft coral is not as beatiful as Brothers, mostly brown/green, but still sort of impressive. There's a quite big anemone garden on the west side of the reef. Grey reef sharks common all around the perimeter of the reef in 30-40 meters. The water is usually very clear around Deadalus Reef, I have had some of the best UW visibility there with 40+ meters. It is one of the better places in the Egyptian Red Sea together with Brothers and Elphinstone.

good luck

christian

Went there beginning of June. We did Brother’s, Deadalus and Elphinstone. We stay there one day and a half and done 6 dives. We had the opportunity to see hammer shark, manta ray and dolphin + the usual beautiful reef life. Unfortunately the sea was not so quite but still did very nice dives.

Boat Rosetta I don’t know we where with M/Y Firebirds. I would say that most of the boat over there are very similar.

Posting just some UW pictures taken there.

You will for sure enjoy your dive.
When back let us know...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom