Dead woman discovered - White Star Quarry, Ohio

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

What I was talking about was not so much calling an ambulance. I was talking about going up to someone and saying, "Hey, you are looking like you might be a little ill. Are you sure you should be diving today?"
Sure. I'm not always that brave. I might be inclined to let the ambulance do the dirty work. Just another option to think about.

Rescue diver course willl help you better diagnose someone with an issue that they themselves either won't admit to or is totally unaware exists.
I've taken Rescue. Although I consider it the most useful cert I've taken, I won't assume that it'll enable me to diagnose anything. At all.

I've taken Rescue. Although I consider it the most useful cert I've taken, I won't assume that it'll enable me to diagnose anything. At all.

I'd question the quality of instruction you received then....ours was an ER Doctor/Diver.

At a minimum you should be able to distinguish between a stroke and heart attack? No?

I'd question the quality of instruction you received then....ours was an ER Doctor/Diver.

At a minimum you should be able to distinguish between a stroke and heart attack? No?
Are you confusing the first aid instruction with the course instruction? First aid training is required for the course, but it is not part of the course.

No
Are you confusing the first aid instruction with the course instruction? First aid training is required for the course, but it is not part of the course.
No..both are required for the certificate.

No

No..both are required for the certificate.
I don't think you understood what I wrote.

In order to get Rescue Diver certification, you need to have both the Rescue Diver course AND a first aid course. They are, however, two different courses. They can be taught together, but you can also take only the Rescue Diver course all by itself and show the instructor a current first aid card from an approved agency.

We're splitting hairs here....

I'd question the quality of instruction you received then.
I certainly wouldn't. No rescue class that I have seen enables you to diagnose or assist a heart attack. If you think so, you don't understand the subtle nature of a heart attack. Heart disease is a silent killer.

I certainly wouldn't. No rescue class that I have seen enables you to diagnose or assist a heart attack. If you think so, you don't understand the subtle nature of a heart attack. Heart disease is a silent killer.
This is especially true with women. The typical heart attack symptoms in a woman are different from those of a man, and they are much harder to detect.

What I was talking about was not so much calling an ambulance. I was talking about going up to someone and saying, "Hey, you are looking like you might be a little ill. Are you sure you should be diving today?"
If we were diving together then I would had said something like that or at least mentioned to the dive guide if there was one present. Otherwise I find it to be impudent to have suggest something like that to a total stranger.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom