DC500 flash fire problem

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have 2 batteries and the other accessories for the DC 500 that I no longer need. A friend borrowed my camera and i dont know what he did, but he flooded the case and the camera no longer works. I was going to just throw it all away. Do you still need them? You can email me at tequi333@yahoo.com
Welcome to Scubaboard.com but - Wow that sucks. Not insured? See my Signature area below about camera insurance for your next one.

A flooded housing sounds ominous but I'd still be very willing to pay postage on it rather than you throw it away.

Maybe it needs an O-ring, or maybe he didn't latch it closed well; it does have a tricky latch. If you want to test the housing like we do, we take them to the bottom of Blue Hole, Santa Rosa NM with paper inside for a pressure test, and you might be able to find a Vivitar 5340s camera to reprogram with a firmware update? I found a couple on Amazon.com for friends here, but the only ones I have found lately helping others were in the UK on Ebay and would be pricey delivered in the US. Still, want to offer helpful suggestions, not take advantage of you - even tho I am willing to take advantage of the misfortune. :eyebrow:

Do you have an External Flash (strobe)? I think the bad one mentioned here on this thread just needs to go to Sealife for help, but if you have a good one - you can use it on a replacement camera and I've seen the DC800 offered by dive shops on the net for $400.

More batteries, chargers, and housings exist with divers in your situation than working cameras probly, but there are still uses for the working parts. Well, the 650 mAh battery is worthless I think, but the 750 mAh is ok - altho I bought a 1,000 mAh spare for $9. Still, I'd rather pay postage on them than you trash them - if no one else wants them...?

I sent you an AOL email - "Subj: DandyDon from Scubaboard here" that may be in your spam folder?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom