DC2000 issue: Shutter button is Delete

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Landau

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Did my first dive with my new DC2000 today but noticed an annoying issue. My thumb hit the play button on the housing a few times by accident. In play the shutter button acts as the delete key. I may have deleted a few shots by accident. The manual doesn't mention this feature which I consider a bug. There is a seperate delete key not accessible when inside the housing. Really, I can wait until I'm above water to delete shots. This is on firmware 1.01

Anyone know how to turn this off or the best way to encourage Sealife to change this in a future firmware version? I'd like pressing the shutter to put the camera into picture taking mode. That is how all my above water cameras work (2 Pentax, 1 Canon, 1 Minolta)

Just played with it a bit more. A second shutter press puts the camera in record mode so better than I thought but I'd like the first press to do it.

Back
Top Bottom