DC1400 Zoom Issue in Waterproof Case

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ericdube

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I just purchased a brand new DC1400 camera (hasn't even got wet yet) for a trip to Grand Cayman at the end of the week. I noticed that while the zoom button works on the camera by itself, once it's in the case only zoom out is functional (to the left). Zoom in isn't working.

I've tried everything from re-seating the camera in the case, adjusting the o-ring, and ensuring the zoom nub on the camera was lined up with the zoom button on the case, however, nothing seems to help. It just isn't working properly once it's inside the waterproof case.

I'm hoping someone might have ran into this issue before and that it's an easy fix since I don't have time to get it replaced before leaving on Friday. Any help is appreciated. Thanks!

I just wanted to thank the SeaLife folks for going *above and beyond* the call of duty to help me out so quickly with this issue. It's very much appreciated. Thanks again and looking forward to taking some pictures while in Grand Cayman!

Back
Top Bottom