DC1400 Which accessory should I get?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Arioc

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
So I'm going on a divetrip to Malaysia in a month and I've been thinking about getting into photography again. I only have money for the camera and 1 extra accessory but I'm not quite sure which one to choose. Right now I'm leaning towards the flex arm flash but I'd love some input from someone that has more experience with cameras before I make my final decision.

Yes, go for the strobe. You can add a video light later, that is if you want to shoot video. The wide angle lens is nice but I would go for the strobe. I have an old DC800 and the strobe makes all the difference.

I have a DC 1200.

1. Absolutely a strobe

2. When you get some more change, i recently got a fishweye wide angle and for some shots it gives a nice depth of field.

PS: Assuming you get the sea life digital pro flash, I tried playing with the manual adjustment but found the automatic combined with a diffuser seemed to work best for me.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom