DC1200 major malfunction

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

highveelocity

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
I've had this camera 2 tears now, no issues until now. In February while in Puerto Vallarta, the camera wouldn't turn on for more than a second, then turn itself off. Got back to the cruise ship and removed the battery ans SD card and it seemed to work fine. Did 2 dives in Manzanillo with no issues. Diving Bird Rock at Catalina Island on Saturday and I got about 10 pictures in and then the screen went all haywire and then went white. The flash was still working so I thought I would take a chance and shoot pictures without being able to see them, hoping something would turn out. Got back to the boat and put my SD card in another camera, but all the pictures were out of focus. I called Sealife today and told the lady the symptoms, she asked if it had ever been flooded (it has not been) and then told me that they were probably going to make it right, even though it was year out of warranty. Sounds good to me! I felt naked without my camera though on the next 3 dives we did last weekend

I have had nothing but the best while dealing with Sealife customer service. Good luck with you camera, they will get you fixed up.

Can another camera read pics from an SD card show on Sealife?

First steps in trouble shooting would be try different battery and card. Good luck.

Can another camera read pics from an SD card show on Sealife?

First steps in trouble shooting would be try different battery and card. Good luck.
Yep, put the card in a friends Nikon and it read it no problem. The camera should be at Pioneer industries on Monday, hopefully I'll hear something from them soon

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom