Dc1000! SeaLife's New Camera!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I bought mine on ebay for $329 and that included the shipping on a new DC800.

last year (fathers day) it cost $600 for the same on e-bay.

Alright, I just pulled the trigger on a DC1000. I have the DC500 with the strobe and wide-angle lens already, so I sprung for the camera with housing, plus an extra battery only. Got a trip to Cozumel in about 3 weeks, so we will see. I am mostly interested in the longer zoom and the shorter delay, plus the far better battery life.

I am also hoping for better macro results. On the DC500 you had to press the OK button before shooting but after pointing, which for me threw the focus off since the field is so small.

I will try to post some thoughts after trying it.

Bob

Alright, I just pulled the trigger on a DC1000. I have the DC500 with the strobe and wide-angle lens already, so I sprung for the camera with housing, plus an extra battery only. Got a trip to Cozumel in about 3 weeks, so we will see. I am mostly interested in the longer zoom and the shorter delay, plus the far better battery life.

I am also hoping for better macro results. On the DC500 you had to press the OK button before shooting but after pointing, which for me threw the focus off since the field is so small.

I will try to post some thoughts after trying it.

Bob
good luck and congratulations. I look forward to envying your photos!

They say on there website that it has an optional wide angle lens. I wonder if it would fit on the 800 and would the housing be the same also.(Upgrading camera only) hmmm
PICT005319.JPG

Tried that. it sort of works.

Now the question is "Does the DC1000 fit the DC800 houseing?

I sold my dc 800 on ebay and did very well!. With the proceeds I bought the dc 1000 from Dive Right in Scuba for a fantastic price. It should be here Tuesday and if the wind ever stops maybe I could use it

Now the question is "Does the DC1000 fit the DC800 houseing?

OK here goes:
1) Although they look very similar the two housings are not the same so you could not just replace the inner cameras for an upgrade. The DC1000 has a 5x lens which extends further and would contact your lens port and just shut the camera down.
2) The wide angle did not work on the DC800 as it has a 28mm lens which is too wide for the lens and cause a great deal of vignetting - black corners.

So, according to sealife joe, no the DC1000 does not fit the DC 800 housing.

Just received the dc 1000. While looking thru the manual it said that the infinity focus is from 8 feet to infinity. Is this right because with the dc 800 it was much closer and the recommended setting? This wouldnt work for most reef shots then.

Back
Top Bottom