DC1000 First Impressions (Multiple Pictures - Dialup Users Warned)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

You can "fake" manually set up your shots some by setting the camera to external flash, and then turning the knobs on the back of the flashes down and up using the knobs on the back. No, it isn't manual as far as choosing your SS and aperture, but it is manually controlling the amount of light that hits the subject. Try it at home out of water, wander around the house taking pictures of stuff with the dual flashes firing... that's what I did, and me get used to the setup.

can you give me an exemple, please?
Can you limit the example request?

Do you want video or pictures
Do you want video using a focus light or focus light above a depth, or below a specific depth
Do you want a picture that uses a focus light in low vis, or high vis?
Do you want a picture that uses a focus light at depth with high vis, or low vis..

Can you give me an example of what you want an example of?

can you give me an exemple, please?

If you look at the DC1000 user manual :

Snorkel Mode --> for deeps < 25f/8m
Sea Mode --> for deeps > 25f/8m

So, when you use the color correction modes (sea mode / snorkel mode) you have to be between the especified depths. Also you have to know that when using color correction modes YOU SHOULD NOT use a flash or you will get TOO RED pictures!!..... for the same reason when using this modes you should avoid to point from the bottom to the surface.

So an example is: ....you set snorkel mode, you have to be between 0 and 8 meters, you should pont your camera right to the subject avoiding pointing to the sun that is in the surface, you take your shot and enjoy the cap!

Back
Top Bottom