DC Power Supply for C4040

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ronsch

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I got one of those generic DC power supplies that can output 3 to 7 volts and wanted to double-check that the voltage for the Oly 4040 is 6v? Don't want to fry the camera.

Don't know where you got that puppy but I got one of the generic ones off eBay for my 2040 and it says: OUTPUT 6.5V/2500mA. Did the wrapping or included paperwork say it was safe for anything in that power zone? Yours is 1/2 V higher than mine on the max end. The only thing mine said was to remove the batteries when using it. Dunno why that is but I do cause it said so! So far so good as the camera still works.:shades:

I finally noted that one of the flaps of the box the camera came in says 6.5v for the dc power supply. I guess it's considered so obvious if you get the standard Olympus adapter that the manual doesn't need to tell you the proper voltage. I'm not sure if mine said anything yea or nay about removing the batteries while using the dc supply.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom