DC 800 Zoom Problem !!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

MarcSnap

Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Hello all, I have a problem with my zoom on the DC 800 camera !! I have been practicing outside to get familiar with my camera and every time I used the zoom button my pictures end up out of focus!!!.. I don't know which settings to use to end up with a nice clear photo after using the zoom button.

PS: I am barely moving when I click to take the picture on a subject, I also used the auto focus by pressing mid way before taking the photo..

Thank you for the help.

Snap

If you are using digital zoom, and you are zoomed in pretty close, any slight movement gets magnified the same amount of zoom. In other words, if you are zoomed in 8x, any movement is magnified 8 times. That being said, try holding the shutter button half way before snapping the pic. This gives the autofocus a chance to lock in.

With my DC 800, I have to manually activate digital zoom from the menu each time I turn the camera on.
If digital zoom is not the case then try using a macro setting.
If you're zooming into a subject and also place yourself really close to it, it may not focus.
Macro will fix this.
I believe it's the button above select. Looks like a flower.
On the other hand if you want to get subjects far and near switch to the mountain symbol (infinity).
Same button as flower (macro).

Also if you focus and the LCD shows an unfocused picture, just release the shutter button and try focusing again.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom