DC 800 Question !!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

MarcSnap

Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I bought a DC 800 and not sure if I am understanding the function of the camera correctly !!! If the camera is not in the underwater housing I can switch to camera to the video option by using the top button. But when I put it in the housing I don't seem to be able to do the switch !!! is this normal for a company who specify them self in underwater photo's to not allow you to do the switch while you are underwater ???

thanx

You definitely can switch from photo to video mode while in the housing, however it is not as easy to do it as I would like.

When you put the camera in the housing, make sure the slide switch on the top of the camera is all the way to the right, in camera mode. If it is in video mode, you won't be able to switch it.

After sealing up the camera and turning it on, press the "DISP" button until you get the video icon (the white movie camera in the red box). It takes 4 presses of the DISP button to get there. When you're done with video and want to go back to photo mode, a single additional push of the DISP button gets you back to photo mode.

I wish there was a single button you could press to switch modes. Maybe on the newer models coming out in 2010...

wow ,, ok thanx for the answer... Much appreciated

opsss, I forgot to ask also !!! Is there a way to see previous pictures taken ??? When I take a picture I can see for a few seconds the one I just took but is there a way to see all previous photo while the camera is inside the housing underwater ???

sorry for the noob questions lol

Don't worry about the questions, that's what ScubaBoard is for!

3 presses of the DISP button gets you to picture preview mode. You can scroll through the pictures by pressing the flash select button (white lightning bolt on red background) or the exposure button (black and white plus or minus).

I usually don't bother too much with looking through my photos underwater. It eats up the battery life. Even though the DC800 battery seems to last a lot longer than my older DC600, I still like to save the battery as much as possible. I usually take 2 or 3 photos with varying strobe and camera positions and use the quick review photo after each snap to review my progress before moving on.

I caught a guy on one of our trips taking dozens of pictures of a nut that fell off a tree by his room. I asked what he was doing and he said practicing. He suggested putting the camera in the housing on land and getting used to all the settings and controls while taking wide and macro photos. I'm still learning, but the practice has definitely helped.

wow !!!! thanx for the tips and help.. again it's much appreciated

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom