DC 1200 battery life

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

A word of caution on buying aftermarket batteries, they are almost always lower rated than the manufacturers batteries. We have tested many batteries that claimed higher power only to find them fall well short of our own. This is the case with any name brand.

So best to stick with Manufacturer batteries.

Joe
I'm sure that is right, Joe - and possibly worse. Risks of leaks, fires, and explosions are greater.

The DC1200 battery really does suck tho. How about getting us a good one? Even my AA batteries are 2400-3000 mAh and I use 2 of those in my Canon.

How does the battery life in the new DC-1400 look Joe? Back to the DC-1000 life?

I really really like a camera that uses 2 AA batteries. :eyebrow:

i just carry 2 spare batteries,sure the 800 had a longer life but the 1200 is a much better camera so i do not mind swaping batteries between dives.

i just carry 2 spare batteries,sure the 800 had a longer life but the 1200 is a much better camera so i do not mind swaping batteries between dives.
I've never done that. I've always wanted to keep my housing closed after leaving the air conditioned room. No fogging problems?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom