Dblg up Catalina 80s

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

It was acting loopy when I went there this morning too... I have one set of Roman's bands and one set of Highlands... Sure the Highlands are wider, but for 50$ vs $120...well, you decide if the difference is worth it :D

thethumper once bubbled...
C_C I thought you could use the BP w/the TP II. I has bolt holes through the wing & the harness. Just have to pull the tank straps out to do it. Right?

I have never attempted to use a backplate with the TP II.

Check out this link for the latest information on ways of using the TPII...

http://www.dive-rite.com/products/bcd/features.htm

C_C

Bottomfeeder once bubbled...

There's a lot more to it than strength. I have put together more sets of doubles than I can count, with every kind of band available. Tighten the bands with the manifold locknuts loose and see what happens...

Get the Highlands and a Sea Elite manifold, and steer clear of dive shop monkeys who recommend and sell what they make the most money on.

Dang Dude...it is not rocket science...

Although I agree that HM makes great bands...there is more than one way to defur a feline...especially at a discounted price. As for dive shop monkeys making money you don't expect them to work for bananas do you?...I have no association with the source I recommended...I actually sell HM items.

CC:)

C_C once bubbled...

Dang Dude...it is not rocket science...

Although I agree that HM makes great bands...there is more than one way to defur a feline...especially at a discounted price. As for dive shop monkeys making money you don't expect them to work for bananas do you?...I have no association with the source I recommended...I actually sell HM items.

CC:)

Now that's sarcasm abuse C_C..... :D

I'm gonna try the bands & BP w/the TP & see how it works. We'll see.
Thanks C_C

The fact that Catilina 3300psi 80's have the same bouyancy characteristics as lp steel tanks should make them ideal to use with a drysuit.

I live in the North / East and dive twin steel 98s. I may be wrong, aluminum tanks have usually been considered to buoyant, and undesireable for diving up here in a doubles set up. I don't like packing extra weight, especially when you count all the reels, lights, lift bags, and stages. Steel is more neutral at the end of the dive. My deco is better served when I'm not fighting to hold depth. Seems a little unpridictable. Of course, this is only an opinion. I havn't dove a configuration like that.

Wreck/Tec once bubbled...
I live in the North / East and dive twin steel 98s. I may be wrong, aluminum tanks have usually been considered to buoyant, and undesireable for diving up here in a doubles set up. I don't like packing extra weight, especially when you count all the reels, lights, lift bags, and stages. Steel is more neutral at the end of the dive. My deco is better served when I'm not fighting to hold depth. Seems a little unpridictable. Of course, this is only an opinion. I havn't dove a configuration like that.

Here's the specs for my Al Catalina 3300 80's. Check the site & see what you think.

http://www.catalinacylinders.com

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom