Daytona Beach Offshore Dive Report 4/1

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

peengers

Registered
Reaction score
We did a few dives today offshore of Daytona Beach today, mainly to hunt.

The first dive was one the mindanao, which is about 11 miles offshore. The viz was not that great, about 15 feet, and the bottom temp was 62-64 degrees. There weren't that many fish on this wreck and the current was ripping a bit on the bottom.

The next one was on the ajax, which is a barge that is about 1/2 mile from the mindanao. It was flounder city and there were fish all over it. I shot 3 flounder and passed over about 15 of them because I was looking for the big ones. The captain, which is a commercial fisherman, shot about a zillion of them. The bottom temp was the same as before, but the viz was about 20-25 and it was an excellent dive.

The last dive was on a set of rubble about 9 miles offshore. I didn't dive this one but it was comparable to the last one from hearsay, and there were once again nice and bog fish all over it.

Good dives.

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom