Dauin Pier

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Sherlock

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Can anyone confirm if the pier in Dauin is closed to diving?

We were there 3 years ago, and the pier dive was one of my favorites.

Staying at Bahura Resort in Dumagetti again March 2012 and am hopeing to again dive the pier.

Thanks

Was closed last year, also has scrubbed down, redone. No longer a favoured site.

I was there in March and it was still closed. It really was an incredible site...too bad

I was there in July and stayed at Atmosphere Resort (which was brilliant - see my trip report elsewhere). Every couple of weeks they call the DuCoMi manager and ask for status updates on the pier, but as yet 'no reply'. So I guess that means no go as yet. Plenty of other great dives around though, as I'm sure you well know.

Regards

the dive site gained international prominence as it was once featured in scuba diving magazine. Too bad that after having caught international attention, it had to be closed down with no certainty as to whether it shall be re-opened.

Can anyone confirm if the pier in Dauin is closed to diving?

We were there 3 years ago, and the pier dive was one of my favorites.

Staying at Bahura Resort in Dumagetti again March 2012 and am hopeing to again dive the pier.

Thanks

If you're talking about ducomi pier it's not there anymore but the critters are present in other parts of dauin :)

Sent from my samsung galaxy s2 using tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom