Daughter Freaked Out by Tiny Night Dive Critters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Besides bloodworms, schools of bait fish can go ballistic around diverslights, pelting you like hail. Turning light off briefly is only option, but I’ve thought of bringing a selfie stick with a light on it to hold the light remotely like a lantern and see what shows up to dine on them, such as squids, etc.
Have you done a "black water dive"?.

Have you done a "black water dive"?.
I wish! I night dive in a northeast shallow cove that has usually got silt or seaweed that interferes with black water effect people can get in clear water column warm water diving. Also i need a better camera with strobes, etc.
what I DO have is a mask attachment for magnification that allows for watching tiny critters, which is quite entertaining.

OK, wait... Sea wasps?? West-Pacific box jellies?

Yet "Caymaniac?"

Hopefully not something else I don't need to tell my daughter (or wife) about in the Caymans...? :shocked2:
No, not the Pacific type of sea wasp! The Caribbean has a much milder version of sea wasp, it will burn you but they are not super deadly like they are in the Pacific.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom