Suggestion Date stamp

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

OP
thanksforallthefish

thanksforallthefish

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Since every post it time and date stamped in the timezone the user has set, would it also be possible to date stamp them with the posters time and date

post_old.gif
December 22nd, 2008, 02:00 PM (December 21st, 2008, 09:00 AM)

Just thought it could be helpful

Helpful or not, this option is not currently available under vBulletin.

Why would it be helpful?

Because sometimes while talking, it gives a good perspective on what time it is for the other person.

I spend a lot of time talking to friends in Japan, Australia, and the UK. A lot of the time we are saying good morning when it is evening like DB was implying.

While a new time feature may not be too relevant in the regular threads...it would be interesting to have.

I like the world time clock you have in your sig line DB. I'm thinking either that or, I'll just change my time settings for Japan's or Australia's time zone as I talk to people there the most.

tiggrr:
Because sometimes while talking, it gives a good perspective on what time it is for the other person.

Isn't that easy enough just by glancing at their location?

Isn't that easy enough just by glancing at their location?

Eh, to some extent. I'd rather have it easier. :D

OK, perhaps you should consider changing your signature...Dare mighty things - as long as they're easier than easy...

OK, perhaps you should consider changing your signature...Dare mighty things - as long as they're easier than easy...

Good one Walter. :D

Nah, I just added the world time clock with my favorite places on it.

Since every post it time and date stamped in the timezone the user has set, would it also be possible to date stamp them with the posters time and date

post_old.gif
December 22nd, 2008, 02:00 PM (December 21st, 2008, 09:00 AM)
Helpful or not, this option is not currently available under vBulletin.
Nor is it currently available as a third-party hack.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom