Datamask Owners!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

philmayer

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Have any datamask owners had a flood in the computer yet?

My shop has received 3 masks and sold two.

Of the two, one works great, the owner has used it on 20 dives already.

The other is mine. It flooded on the second dive I used it on.

Has anyone else had an issue?

I'm not concerned about getting Oceanic to replace the mask, my LDS has already taken care of that.

What I'm concerned about (and my LDS owner) is how many others have failed?

philmayer,

I've got two, mine has a half dozen dives with no problems. The second, my wife's, hasn't gotten wet yet. I discovered the way to convince your wife that you needed a $1500 mask was to pay $3000 for it. I'm obviously highly interested in how this plays out. Hopefully your's was a fluke in the manufacturing process. I'll keep you informed if I have any problems and will be keeping an eye on this post.

Guy

The word from Oceanic is that it has to be some sort of fluke. It's on the way back to them.

They say that they haven't even seen one flood in testing.

Of the 500 masks shipped so far, 4 have been returned and mine is the only one that flooded. I don't know what the other 3 are suffering from.

I have a mask, and I love it. I have only used it on about half a dozen dives, but it hasn't flooded. I do have ONE problem though... when I download my info, it never records my ending tank pressure. Anyone else have this?

That IS odd.

I haven't been able to try uploading/downloading my data yet.

Are you using the mask in Normal mode? Not that it should matter, but maybe you're in Gauge or Free-Dive modes?

SLOfrog, I have the same problem with not recording the ending pressure on my dives either.....

I also just started having a problem that when I download the data from the mask it now over-rides my last logged dive in my log and deletes it completely....

I sent the info to Doug yesterday and hoping he finds the answer as my last 4 dives are stuck in my mask......

SLOfrog, I have the same problem with not recording the ending pressure on my dives either.....

I also just started having a problem that when I download the data from the mask it now over-rides my last logged dive in my log and deletes it completely....

I sent the info to Doug yesterday and hoping he finds the answer as my last 4 dives are stuck in my mask......

UH OH.

OK, I'll chime in about another issue I had. When I connected my datamask to my PC to set the options via OceanLog, I got a message from the download app that I had an invalid product and it killed the process. This is with 2.1.5.

My replacement mask connects fine.

When I first connected my Datamask, I lost over 30 dives in my log. I am using it in Normal mode... maybe sometimes newer isn't always better?

When I first connected my Datamask, I lost over 30 dives in my log. I am using it in Normal mode... maybe sometimes newer isn't always better?

30 dives off your PC? :11:

Have you been backing up your divelog?

I just checked mine, I haven't lost any dives.

Is your firmware r2a?

I do have a backup, but it only shows my old number of dives 147 when I use 2.14. When I open 2.15, and use the datamask, they go away, even my backups. I am not looking for solutions now in recovering some dives, but I would like it to download properly with my air pressure, etc for the future.
Thanks for your input. It's nice to see people so willing to help!

Back
Top Bottom