Database for Monterey Bay National Marine Sanctuary

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Bogie

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
The best database that I have found for the Monterey Bay National Marine Sanctuary is at SIMoN (Sanctuary Integrated Monitoring Network).

Their basic purpose is to research the whole ecosystem in the Monterey Bay National Marine Sanctuary (300 miles long and extends 25 miles offshore) including mapping and coordinate all this data with everyone who is interested so duplication of effort and full utilization of the data can be best used for everyone.

It has an incredible website. Sanctuary Integrated Monitoring Network -- SIMoN --

The database to photo library: SIMoN -- Photo Library

I have met with Dr. Steve Lonhart, a Marine Scientist, at a presentation at our dive club. He is an extremely knowledgeable scientist and very helpful.

I encourage everyone who has questions on creature identification or want more information on the Monterey Bay Marine Sanctuary to check out this website. The photo database has over 3000 images with species, location and comments.

Warning!

It can be a bit addictive cruising through all 389 pictures of fish and over 1000 pictures of invertebrates.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom