Suggestion Database errors, 2022 errors, this site is broken.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

OP
CuzzA

CuzzA

Wetwork for Hire
Reaction score
FWIW, this site is becoming unusable. To the point I often just close it and move on. So many bugs, so many errors. I cancelled my red renewal because half the time the site doesn't work.

ScubaBoard is broken and I suspect a crash is on the horizon.

I'd say it is about even for wired or wireless for me... I am mostly on a wired connection for PC, and wireless for tablet/phone.

Ditto. Just got this, by the way:
1652883828838.png

Attachments

• 1652883882542.png
    1652883882542.png
    45.2 KB · Views: 59
I frequently get the "pulsing red horizontal bar graph" in the upper right corner when I decide to do/change something (click next page in the list of discussions, go back two or three pages in a thread, etc.), and frequently the change or update doesn't happen...

sometimes even clicking a "like" has failing consequences...

I thought it was because of something on my side (VPN, or some odd setting)

I've only had one issue a couple of days back, but in general it has worked fine for me on Safari on a Mac.

FWIW, this site is becoming unusable. To the point I often just close it and move on. So many bugs, so many errors. I cancelled my red renewal because half the time the site doesn't work.

Huh? I pretty much have zero issues. Ever. Are you sure it isn't your device/browser?

There are long-delay/database/error issues << 1% of the my interactions with SB. Firefox/Win10/Wired or Opera/Android/WiFi.

For your post to be useful, it's best to provide as much detail as possible, so the response can be targeted. Identifying your operating system and browser is helpful, because, unfortunately, not all systems are using or applying the standards in the same way.

No issues on which operating system / browser?

Windows 10 (Version 21H2 Build 19044.1706) / Chrome (Version 101.0.4951.67 (Official Build) (64-bit)) and iOS / Safari (latest available versions). Thinking back, I may have once or twice gotten that "Oops something went wrong" message people are referring to. I simply repeated the operation and it then worked fine. I work in IT and I tend to be very understanding when stuff happens. That's sometimes just how technology is. I normally just redo the operation or refresh and redo and then move on as long as it worked the second time. But while I may have gotten it a time or two, it has not been an issue for me at all.

I often get it. Brave browser on most recent iOS update. Same on Safari.

I get the database error where my screen goes white except the error and the floater thing at the top of the screen (forgetting what that error was). I just work around it.

Ditto. Just got this, by the way:
View attachment 723279

I get that a lot, or when I login I'll get just the year at the top of the page and nothing else. It has only been like this since the site had it's makeover.

It's annoying, but refreshing the page always fixes it right away (for me). It seems to corelate around logging in, or letting the page sit for a while and coming back, both wifi android and hardwired PC.

Back
Top Bottom