data mask

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

takeemmac

New
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I have purchased the data mask with transmitter about 2 months ago. I seem to be having toruble right out of the box. I powered the unit on connected it to my pc (awsome) installed my transmitter and went to do a search in out 30 foot of water. I was looking at the display and everything was there execpt the psi it just kept flashing. The visabilty was about 3'' so it was really a pain. Dose anyone have the data mask that has had this problem? I have checked the battery in the transmitter and it has 3.2 volts. I took the mask off powered it off and held it next to my transmitter and powered it on and still no presure reading......please help!:idk:

Make sure that you have set the transmitter code to the mask. You go into the settings and enter the I think it's the 1st 5 digits of the serial number but not 100% sure look at the manuel it will telll you which ones to use. If you have already done that and your sure the numeber you entered is correct. Then I would contact sutomer service

What a22 said, also I find that when I first set things up I need to take a breath or two in order to get the display steady.

Now if things were fine setting them up and started flashing later at depth, you may want to see if there is a setting to warn you at less that X psi. Other than that, just take it back to the store, Oceanic is very good servicing and/or exchanging these units

You probably change the transmitter code when you did the upload, and it's the 5 digits after the zero.
The beter place to ask this question would be on the oceanic forum.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom