Darwin at work!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Two points:

1) People that intelligent also have the right to vote in the USA. (scary, huh? think about it the next time you hear someone stupid in the store, bar, or at work)

2) I think the boat operators missed the opportunity to branch out: first, Shark Rides! (please leave your wallet and keys at the front desk for safe keeping) and then Used Car Sales from the parking lot at the end of the day!

alcina:
There is actually similar footage of "scientists" & pro photographers doing just this same thing (actually, can't remember if they petted the sharks...) Wish i could remember the program off the top of my head.

I just got two videos a month ago, and one of them contained scientists standing on a dead whale while great whites fed on the corpse.

It was either:

Air Jaws or Air Jaws 2

Despite the stupidity of this maneuver, I'd still recommend these two dvds. You can get them both together for $14.00, and it's got great footage of the big white sharks.

BetterLateThannever:
You just got read this....

-------------------------------------------

Explain again.....why are we trying to save these people? Darwin does have a point!

Definite proof that darwin was on to something.

Remember, they aren't trying to add Govt regulations so much to protect the idiots as to protect the people that could get sued by the surviving family members of the idiots.

More governments would allow idiots to do as they please if they and their families didn't clog the courts and drain the governments with their ludicrous lawsuits.

If the moron on the whale had been chomped by the nice fishy-fishy, who would his family have sued? The charter company plus any other company or organization that was in the area plus whatever government agencies are responsible for overseeing the oceans and the charter companies etc. In short, anybody and everybody regardless of the basic fact that it was the moron own fault. So who would have to pay for lawyers to defend the government? Yeah, you and me in the long run. Would the jury find sympathy for the distraught family and make a huge award? Unfortunately, based on recent history the answer would be most likely yes.

Would new laws change the above? Maybe not, but maybe, just maybe if they can show that the idiot was violating the law then. . .

Of course, until people learn to accept responsibilities for their own actions (and juries act accordingly) we will always have these insipid dilemmas. Note: I do not advocate more laws = government intervention, but I do understand why they feel driven to trying to do so.

Wristshot

If we get rid of all the less-than-intellectually gifted, who will they interview to find out what the tornado sounded like, and who will be abducted by the aliens?

Geddes,

and wouldn't Springer run out of guests in about a week?

W

I could say "what do you expect from tourists" but that could be a bit rude. I think the S.A. government are thinking what is common sense - put yourself in an obviously dangerous situation and get injured, don't come whinging for compensation.

I agree with King Neptune above - if these [countrymen] clowns want to take their lives in their hands, let them do so - in fact, we should encourage them to do so coz' then there'll be more space in the [well-fed shark domain] ocean for the critters. And good on 'em if they want to pay tour boat operators to take them to their eventual demise - better someone profits from their folly, eh?

Keep wet, OBie.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom