DAN O2 tank sizes

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jagfish

The man behind the fish
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
2500 - 4999
For their rescue Pak and extended care Pak, DAN lists the Luxfer tank sizes as M9 and Jumbo D respectively.

Does anyone know what the equivalent liter sizes are?

The larger extended care looks like it might be a 3L, the smaller one looks less than 2L perhaps. Anyone know for sure?

Many thanks

Jim

The Jumbo D is 4 liter (4.5). The D is about 3 liter. The M9 is 1.75 ltr. When full the larger tank holds 623 liters (22cf). Why are you interested in such a small tank? I carry a 40 CU FT Heiser tank. The OMS co makes a similar tank. They are oxygen compatible when new. The valve could be a problem for some. I converted all my oxygen gear to yoke clamp. Marked everything with labels.

Well, with a demand regulator, the Jumbo D should provide some temporary treatment. I carry the larger tanks for possible in water decompression or surface breathing.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom