DAN Membership Card

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I had custom dog tags made with my DAN number, my primary heath insurance number, blood type etc. made. Really was glad to have all that info readily available when I got bent out of the country and needed several chamber rides

Many dive operators ask for your DAN number when you sign up for a trip.

Our dive op in Aruba asked for it. I felt embarrassed not having a DAN number. I asked them if it was required and they said no. When I travel and dive now I will be sure to carry it.

I carry one with me onto the dive boat.

When on a liveaboard, I have always been asked to provide it in advance. Regardless, I have it with me.

I have a bunch of old ones that I manually change the expiry year on, so that way, I can have them with me here there and everywhere. Plus, I email a copy of it to me and any buddy that I may be traveling with.

Wow, thank you all for the replies. Reading all these comments I find helpful when looking at the big picture, great to have so many experiences being shared.

So maybe I'll get a flexible card in the mail. I did buy this DAN tag from the website for $20. On the reverse side is my DAN# and Name, DOB, Medical info and Emergency contact info that I put in. I keep it hooked on my harness for all to see.

The dog tag idea is really cool, I didn't serve so I wouldn't want wearing it to mislead people even if they never said a word. ✌🏽🌊🙏🏽

Attachments

• PXL_20240820_193538528.jpg
    PXL_20240820_193538528.jpg
    74.1 KB · Views: 18
Wow, thank you all for the replies. Reading all these comments I find helpful when looking at the big picture, great to have so many experiences being shared.

So maybe I'll get a flexible card in the mail. I did buy this DAN tag from the website for $20. On the reverse side is my DAN# and Name, DOB, Medical info and Emergency contact info that I put in. I keep it hooked on my harness for all to see.

The dog tag idea is really cool, I didn't serve so I wouldn't want wearing it to mislead people even if they never said a word. ✌🏽🌊🙏🏽
You can go to a pet store and have tags made for ~$10. Put it on your BC or other equipment and it'll be there for when it's needed. They're a bit more limited on space than the DAN tag though.

I'm officially stupid, at the end of the email it said I would be receiving the card in 4 weeks and they attached a digital copy of the handbook which I didn't see before.

I'm going to print the handbook and have it made into a spiral book like my Garmin manual and carry it with me. I'm a little old-school like that.

I have a slim plastic dan card in my wet notes

Print a screenshot from the DAN website and Sellotape it to your old DAN card or any other useless card.

I have a small lamination machine.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom