DAN Diving Fatalities Workshop

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Saturation

Medical Moderator
Reaction score
# of dives
2500 - 4999
[Friends from DAN asked me to relay this conference announcement to all divers interested. Speakers are among the top in their field such as Mitchell, Bove, Caruso and more. -marv]

DAN Diving Fatalities Workshop

http://diversalertnetwork.org/Events...px?EventID=758

Are you interested in learning more about the causes of dive fatalities and how to prevent them? Join DAN Research and a panel of international experts at a two-and-a-half-day conference near the DAN headquarters in Durham, NC. The fatalities workshop has been awarded accreditation by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) for CME credit, and those who attend and complete the two-and-a-half-day program can earn up to 20 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s).

Though intended for divers interested in learning more about the causes of dive fatalities and how to prevent them, the workshop will also be of interest to those in the medical community who conduct fitness-to-dive examinations and are consulted regarding fatality investigations and post-mortem assessments. The program has been planned and implemented in accordance with the Essential Areas and policies of the ACCME through a joint sponsorship of DAN and the Undersea and Hyperbaric Medical Society (UHMS). Because the UHMS is accredited by the ACCME to provide continuing medical education for physicians, medical personnel who work in the field of dive medicine will find niche education that is not offered in most CME venues.
Topics covered in the Diving Fatalities Workshop will include:

* factors most commonly associated with diving deaths in America, Europe, Germany, Britain and Australia
* cardiovascular fitness, evaluation and risk factors
* training and cardiovascular fitness
* the role of training in reducing diving fatalities
* on-scene investigation, equipment testing, medical examiner activities and legal issues in North America and Europe.

The cost of the workshop is $395 per person ($435 for those requesting 20 hours of CME credit), and registration includes access to all five workshops, lunch all three days and the social event on Friday night.

Attachments

• Brochure_registration4.pdf
    151.9 KB · Views: 267
Well, unfortunately, although I DEARLY want to attend one of these sorts of meetings, again there just wasn't enough notice. I'll be cave diving in MX those dates, and nothing can trump cave diving . . .

He already knows . . . :D

I'm making arrangements to go, but I can't be sure, as like TS&M, I'll be cave diving in Fl 2 weeks later.

Back
Top Bottom