Dallas Trip

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Cave Diver

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
Hey gang

Looks like I am going to have to make an impromptu trip up to Dallas this weekend and we want to stop and do some diving. Going to be coming up from the Houston direction, anyone got any suggestions? I have dove Athens and Blue Lagoon, would like some ideas on decent dive sites besides those and please provide as much detail as possible.

Dive often, dive safe

John

Clear Springs Scuba Park is about a 45 minute drive east of Dallas. I'm not sure where you'll be coming from or how familiar you are with Dallas, but if you need more directions than the map provides, just ask.

They opened up last year and are becoming the local favorite. The water is 3mm warm down to about 20-25', then you hit a thermocline that begs for at least a 5mm or a 7mm. Dry suits have become popular - they have some on hand you can rent. The lower temps are in the 50s - 60s.

Clear Springs Scuba Park

And the fish population has really exploded since last year...

Lots of sunfish, striped bass, and large catfish.

You might want to bring someting to cover the tops of your ears (a cap, beanie, or hood). I got nailed by a blue gill during a safety stop last time I was out there.

Back
Top Bottom