Dallas Boat Show...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Timeliner

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
'So anybody else been to the boat show yet ? A few of us went on Sunday and crawled all over a bunch of boats. I was taken aback at how
" 'Ho-er-Doggy" the Pontoon Boats have gotten.
Shoot... I forgot to wear a Peacock Plume in my Mink Hat and just didn't feel all together right aboard some of them.

Of course there were some floaters and then there were those boats
that were dive worthy for sure....
In fact there were plenty of them :wink:

Only $8.00 to get in. Strap on your Rolex Sea Dweller and nobody will bug you and be sure to wear sandles so you can kick 'em off quick before you get on the boats.
It's good for 3 or 4 hours of fun at least.

Frank says to check it out :14:

Hey timeliner,

What makes a boat more diveworthy? I was thinking that somday if I could afford it I might get a deck boat. With the ladder on the front and all the walkin around space, but still more or less V-hulled and some go built in toilet area's (that will make my wife happy).

I've got a runnabout now and can barely squeeze two divers with gear onto it. The pontoons are okay but not very nice. I'll never be able to afford a cabin cruiser.

So what do you look for?

Frank we did have a great time looking in some of those $700,000 rigs!! I still say for inland diving nothing better than a plain jane pontoon boat with some mods and a grill/cooler of course--lol. :D

ryanpublic:
Hey timeliner,

What makes a boat more diveworthy? I was thinking that somday if I could afford it I might get a deck boat. With the ladder on the front and all the walkin around space, but still more or less V-hulled and some go built in toilet area's (that will make my wife happy).

I've got a runnabout now and can barely squeeze two divers with gear onto it. The pontoons are okay but not very nice. I'll never be able to afford a cabin cruiser.

So what do you look for?

I guess it all depends on where you dive and how much $$$$ ya got.
I dream big but I usually wake up :D

I do not plan to take the boat offshore and probably not even into a bay.
I'm a lake diver. The boat should be able to hold at least 4 people and they're gear. A small swim deck in the back would be nice but not essential as long as a ladder could be mounted somewhere. I want something that I can pull behind my truck. I expect to beach the craft on some dives and anchor it on others depending on the location. I'd like to be able to sleep a couple of people on the thing if I wanted to.
I could make a nice project out of a small pontoon boat. I've seen some built for our kind of fun but they didn't begin life that way.
I'd have to paint the Zebra Stripes on it and mount the potato cannon on the top myself. :14:

Of course I love a ski boat too for different reasons. Either one would be good in my book.

Timeliner:
I'd have to paint the Zebra Stripes on it and mount the potato cannon on the top myself. :14:

Can I glue on the bottlecap trim?

Foo:
Can I glue on the bottlecap trim?

Sure !! They are just the right size to cover up the bullet holes too !! :D

Hey... now that you've gone all big city and have wheels for that RV
can I borrow the old wooden skids you used to have on it ?? :crafty:

Pretty Please :10: Ohhhh come on !

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom