Dahab solo trip in April

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

When I traveled to Dahab alone I stayed at Inmo Divers. It was a good place with decent food for breakfast and the dive operator was part of the hotel.

I agree about the excursions, there are some enjoyable ones such as visiting Mt Sinai over night to see the sunrise or Salah al-din’s castle just to the north.

I was going to wait until I am in Dahab to find my dive package and negotiate on location. However I'm finding several "online only" deals on dive packages. What's the best approach? I thought that under the current circumstances, all dive shops would become more flexible on prices, am I wrong?

If you book in advance, you are less likely to not be able to dive due to overbooking with a particular shop. Of course, that may not be a problem anyway in these times.

The potential down side of booking and paying in advance in the COVID world is trying to secure a refund if you have to cancel. Not sure what success folks have had and perhaps someone will chime in with recent experience.

You can try contacting Lagona Divers via Email and ask them for a package price incl. full equipment, DM, Air/Nitrox, ... You can ask for the online prices. They have a base at the Tropitel, so that would be convenient.
I would be a bit reluctant to book and pay something online upfront. If anything goes against plan, you will have to ask for a refund.

The potential down side of booking and paying in advance in the COVID world is trying to secure a refund if you have to cancel. Not sure what success folks have had and perhaps someone will chime in with recent experience.
yes, you are right, especially here in Canada with the way things are right now, I'm praying not to have to pull the plug on the whole trip at the very last minute (i have had to this once already in January).

You can try contacting Lagona Divers via Email and ask them for a package price incl. full equipment, DM, Air/Nitrox, ... You can ask for the online prices. They have a base at the Tropitel, so that would be convenient.
I would be a bit reluctant to book and pay something online upfront. If anything goes against plan, you will have to ask for a refund.
Yes, I will try that, even though the dive shop is officially closed, they do offer services on demand. Hopefully this whole thing works out!

Thank you all for your input!

For what it's worth, whenever we have booked dive packages online with Sinai land-based operators we've typically saved about 10% over the onsite price.
However, with the covid situation, only you can decide if the possible savings are worth the risk of losing what you've paid, etc.

heads up for those who may be interested: I have contacted 2 different dive shops in Dahab (Lagona and Penguin) and they both told me to book this in person, that online prices would apply. Leaving tomorrow, lets see how this plays out. thanks everyone!

Back
Top Bottom