Dacor USA will not deal with customer!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

azsilver

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I just called Dacor about my dead Omni Pro air intergraded dive computer with a compass, which I purchased new from a LDS in the late 90's.

Dacor/Mares Customer Service told me that I had to deal with the local dive shop (Dacor dealer) and the dive shop would set the price for the upgrade to to a darwin.

Dacor/Mares said they will not deal with customers directly. This is different from what I found on the Scubaboard when searched under Dacor Omni.

So I am forced to deal with the LDS and pay what ever price they give me for an upgrade to a Darwin console with a compass. (If I really want a Dacor Darwin!)

I called Dacor at: 203-852-7079

Thanks----a frustrated diver

Have you contacted any LDS's to see what the price is? You may be worrying for nothing. I'm sure you could use any Dacor dealer, so call around and find the best deal.

Good Luck

Dacor would lose their entire distribution channel if they start bypassing them. Other manufacturers do the same. If you don't like the price of your LDS then shop around.

Scott M:
Have you contacted any LDS's to see what the price is? You may be worrying for nothing. I'm sure you could use any Dacor dealer, so call around and find the best deal.

Good Luck
Funny this thread came up I too have a old dacor computer a micro brain pro plus had it for years been in the UK in storage and it has a few old age issues and Dacor don't want to know no trade up or service nothing umm think I won't be spending ANY money on that firms stuff right now.
Uwtec recently overhauled my old blue model for free????
ummmm where will I spend my cash :wink:

try that number 800-323-0463 or 203-855-0631
and hask for a RMA NUMBER
ASK FOR MISS HEATHER

It doesn't have to be local... If you're having problems that you can't get worked out locally, give me a call and I'll see what I can do for you. The president of Mares / Dacor will be flying in to meet with me in the next 10 days... and if there is any problem... I can make sure it's handled for you. Just give me a shout and fill me in...

ScubaRon:
Dacor would lose their entire distribution channel if they start bypassing them. Other manufacturers do the same. If you don't like the price of your LDS then shop around.

Not all manufacturers do it that way. When my Scubapro computer got crunched under a careless buddy's scuba tank, I called them direct. They were very accomodating and when the computer was found to be unrepairable, they replaced the computer for the price of a "simulated" repair of about 1/3 the price of a new one - far better than a local dealer could have done or even would have done.

In my personal experiece, Dacor is also a master of the concept of "backorder" and it can take months to get stuff through them. My first response in the situation described above would be to deal directly with Dacor to ensure I got some priority in their supply line.

Spoke to two LDS in the area and they too are having trouble with Dacor. Their service is slow and Dacor is not getting back to them in a timely fashion. So I am really leaning towards Suunto dive computers instead of getting another Dacor.

Thanks for all you advice and Help!

Looking forward to diving in the ocean again and not just in pool and fresh water.

AZ diver.

azsilver:
I just called Dacor about my dead Omni Pro air intergraded dive computer with a compass, which I purchased new from a LDS in the late 90's.

Dacor/Mares Customer Service told me that I had to deal with the local dive shop (Dacor dealer) and the dive shop would set the price for the upgrade to to a darwin.

Dacor/Mares said they will not deal with customers directly. This is different from what I found on the Scubaboard when searched under Dacor Omni.

So I am forced to deal with the LDS and pay what ever price they give me for an upgrade to a Darwin console with a compass. (If I really want a Dacor Darwin!)

I called Dacor at: 203-852-7079

Thanks----a frustrated diver

I own an Dacor Extreme Access and been wanting to get a replacement diskette for its software, its been a hyndrance. I will never buy from Dacor again

I own an Dacor Extreme Access and been wanting to get a replacement diskette for its software, its been a hyndrance. I will never buy from Dacor again

Back
Top Bottom