Dacor Tri-View Mask

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

SaltyPirateBastard

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
A few years ago I found a red Dacor Tri-View mask whilst diving. I have been using it for the past 3 years, but now the seal is compromised, and I have to clear my mask at least ten times per dive. No thank you.

I love this mask, even though it is a large box on my face. I have a huge airspace, and feel like I'm in a movie theater when I'm under. I call it my 'Divemaster mask' because the two side windows actually offer rear view sight. There is a fairly large blind spot between the front panel and the side windows, which show me what is about 120 degrees to the right or left of center. Very cool and great for leading dives, as I can see my children without having to completely turn around (sometimes), and give me abilities to spot pelagic creatures behind me and to the side.

I am now looking for a new mask to replace this leaky one, but would like the same features. Does anybody know if the new Dacor masks with side windows function the same way? If so, I will probably invest in one, despite the clunkiness. If they 'corrected' these rear-view mirrors to just expand the peripherals, I will pass and go for the Oceanic Shadow.

Any suggestions?

Back
Top Bottom