Dacor Transcend or Aeris Atmos Pro

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

cstreu1026

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Anyone on here ever use or buy a Dacor Transcend or Darwin computer. My wife to be is going to purchase a dive computer to replace her failed depth gauge and wants a computer that will fit into her Dacor console. I prefer Aeris computers and have been trying to figure out if a Atmos Pro will fit into her console. Anybody have a clue if this will work? Does anyone have any experience, information, or opinion on the Dacor computers?

We have 2 Atmos Pros, 1 is in a wrist mount & the other replaced the depth gauge in my console, it did require a plastic spacer to keep it from setting too deep. Do you download from your Atmos Pro by any chance? Mine can't decide how to number multiple dives, sometimes the first dive of the day is #1 & sometimes it's #2 other times all dives on a given day are # 1! I've had little luck getting any service from Aeris, just curious if mine is only one with a problem

Hi.
I got a Dacor Transcend the last year. It´s my first computer. In my country (Spain) is not a very popular computer but the most of people use UWATEC. In general, I am not very satisfied with it. The book guide you will find is not very detailed and you will have to test so many sets to get an idea about the right way in which the computer runs.
I use the most conservative algoritmic and I think something is wrong with it because diving with people using UWATEC (Aladin most of them) I can ear theirs alarms many times but my computer never made a sound. Once, I tried to test the computer on the limit; I sticked the computer in a globe and put air in it. The computer went up rapidly, and the computer didn´t make any sound.
Now, when I see no divers using a dacor computer, I make myself the obvious question.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom