Dacor Pacer 2nd stage settings?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jvisser

Reaction score
While I'm waitign for my copy of Vance Harlow's book to arrive, ...

Can someone please tell me how to make hte second stage adjustments for a Dacor Pacer XL and XLP, like the lever height and cracking effort?

Thanks,

jv

I would really appreciate it if someone could help me out on this.

Thanks,

jv

The Pacer is probably the easiest second stage to adjust. Just pop the lever into the barrel tube, making sure the clip inside is engaged. Then there is a nut that does all the adjustment for you (put hose on 2nd stage), Get it to the point of freeflow, and then twist the nut until it stops freeflowing... Simple. Then snug the 2nd stage hose nut up. All set...

I was beginning to wonder if anyoen was out there!

Since I posted this I got Vance Harlow's book. Great!

The Dacor 2nd's I have are the old metal Pacer XL, and the slightly newer plastic-housed version, the XLP.

On both, there are apparently two adjustments. One is the lever height, which is adjusted with the a hex key through the input port (where the hose goes), so this is not adjustable in operation without an "inline tool." There is, however, a correct height for the lever - I just don't know what it is.

The other adjustment is breathing effort, and on the old metal "non-adjustable," you get at it through the access port opposite the hose connection (its the same kind of plag as used on the first to plug unused ports). You need a square socket driver, although many techs cut a slot so they can use screwdriver. On the XLP there is a knob for making this adjustment in-use.

So, lever height - I measured 0.575" from the top of the air tube to the top o fthe lever, on an XLP that I haven't messed with (yet).

Vance says just adjust it so the diaphragm rests on it without depressing it, but not loose enough that it rattles when you shake it.

I am getting the impression that its not super-critical.

But, if anyone has a manual that I can study/copy/purchase, I like to know!

Thanks,

jv
LUBOLD8431:
The Pacer is probably the easiest second stage to adjust. Just pop the lever into the barrel tube, making sure the clip inside is engaged. Then there is a nut that does all the adjustment for you (put hose on 2nd stage), Get it to the point of freeflow, and then twist the nut until it stops freeflowing... Simple. Then snug the 2nd stage hose nut up. All set...

Ahhh... Yes, lever height. Hmmm, well I seem to remember that there was a little plastic "Lever Height Indicator Tool" included in the Dacor service kit. You would rest it on the second stage housing, and adjust the lever to touch it...

However, since I havent seen a Pacer service kit in a couple years now, its goin to be tough to find one. I suggest going to a Dacor dealer, and seeing if they have one laying around, or, if that doesnt work (which it most likely will not, unless you know em real well), wing it...

This is the problem with servicing regs that Dacor does NOT support anymore...
By any chance do you have the Pacer service manual? It might have some more info in that...

***My recommendations are not to be used as a substitute for the Manufacturer's service manual, and proper service guidelines from the Manufacturer***

jvisser:
While I'm waitign for my copy of Vance Harlow's book to arrive, ...

Can someone please tell me how to make hte second stage adjustments for a Dacor Pacer XL and XLP, like the lever height and cracking effort?

Thanks,

jv

What is vance Harlow's book

www.airspeedpress.com

Very Nice books for Reg repair, Oxygen Hacker, Dive Lights, Boosters...
Also, I think he is coming out with a DPV book in the future...

I have a dacor pacer xl 950 regulator I bought back in the 80's. There is a hex wrench access port opposite the low pressure hose connection on the second stage. This port allows access to make an adjustment to the second stage regulator of some kind. Can someone explain to me what this adjustment does? Ease of breathing? How do I adjust this? How do I know if it is adjusted properly? My email is baherold@aol.com.com. thanks!

I have a dacor pacer xl 950 regulator I bought back in the 80's. There is a hex wrench access port opposite the low pressure hose connection on the second stage. This port allows access to make an adjustment to the second stage regulator of some kind. Can someone explain to me what this adjustment does? Ease of breathing? How do I adjust this? How do I know if it is adjusted properly? My email is baherold@aol.com.com. thanks!

e-mail sent to baherold@aol.com
Please confirm me if you received it.

go to: vintagedoublehose.com
click in sequence on:
Manuals & Catalogs
Continue
BLPEN163
Dacor Service Manual

then download:
Dacor Regs Vol 2 1st stages Pt 1 .pdf (for your first stage)
Dacor Regs Vol 2 2nd stages plus kits etc.pdf (for any of several second stages you're likely to have)

Back
Top Bottom