Dacor-Mares Trade-up program

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

shifton

Reaction score
A few questions to anyone who might be familiar with the Dacor-Mares trade-up offer:

1) How is the Mares Abyss? Too much for an occasional diver who is looking to get back into it? Or will I eventually be happy I spent the extra money for the Abyss over the rebel?

2) I have a Dacor Quantum originally purchased in 1994, has only a dozen or so dives on it, last serviced in 2000 (no dives since then). Would I be better off spending the $300 on the Abyss and trading in the Quantum, or selling the Quantum privately and going with another setup?

3) Is there any trade-up offered for Dacor BCs? Have a seachute pro, same age as the Quantum. Since Mares bought Dacor, are there similar problems with getting Dacor BCs serviced?

Thanks to all who can help. I'm really looking forward to getting back into diving, after a 6 year layoff.

Shifton

The Abyss is an amazing Reg. Normally 450, just 299 with your trade in (before your SB discount). About the cheapest thing in the trade in program would be something like a Dacor eagle, and you'd save a bit over 100 bucks... but you are moving to a very inexpensive reg, instead of the best mares has to offer.

BC's really don't have much of a problem.. they really don't have any "Parts". Either they hold air, or they don't. The only other thing would be a valve, and you can just replace those with a different one if there is a problem... So you're going to have to just buy a new BC, or live with the old one if you like it.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom