Dacor HUB Maintenance

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thanks, Howard, for the useful advice!
And don't worry, I have a thick skin! :)
For some reason when I read about the difficulty of maintaining HUB's, I thought they might require special treatment after each dive. I guess people have been referring to the periodic maintenance. I am not sure why that is such an issue, since it is not me doing the work, anyway. Probably more chance for error on the shop's part, but does that really happen? I don't know the stats. I do pay a bit more for the periodic maintenance, but it was still less than $100.
Cheers,

Balu

Regardless of what people say... To maintain your HUB, you need to send it off for service to an authorized dealer. World Watersports in Florida is one, otherwise you'll have to send it to MARES directly (who owns DACOR now)

Sure the HUB has it's pros and cons. I did over 100 dives on my HUB, and I still use the jacket as my BCD (I've removed all of the guts, and converted to ScubaPro regs)

not sure if I will be able to post as this thread is very old, however HowardE said you removed the guts from a hub, do the various parts of the inflator and buoyancy system unscrew? Mine don't want to budge

Great well done, fix it man!

Back
Top Bottom