Dacor Fury

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

GotAir once bubbled...
I always rented my reg's. My LDS gave me what I think is a good deal on a reg ? its a dacor fury. is this a cheapo or one of there better one's. Mike

The Fury comes in two variants. One is adjustable with a balanced first stage and the other is not adjustable with an unbalanced first stage.

I saw a review somewhere that made it sound like it was ok but it's definitetly not a high performance regulator. I've never tried it myself so I'll leave it to someone else to give you a first hand opinion.

How much does he want for it? I think new they cost about $200 or so.

R..

Rotuner
Its not adjustable with an unbalanced first stage. and is a piston type 1st stage. the whole deal was this reg and tank was sold this year to somebody and then they returned it for whatever reason. my LDS thru in a used bcd all for 375.00 so I cant complain about the price. i was just wondering if the reg would hold up in 115 ft of water and serve me well over the years ?. Mike

GotAir once bubbled...
Rotuner
Its not adjustable with an unbalanced first stage. and is a piston type 1st stage. the whole deal was this reg and tank was sold this year to somebody and then they returned it for whatever reason. my LDS thru in a used bcd all for 375.00 so I cant complain about the price. i was just wondering if the reg would hold up in 115 ft of water and serve me well over the years ?. Mike

Well. The deal with unbalanced piston 1sts is that they become a little stiff to breathe from once the tank pressure gets low. Usually this happens in the last 300psi or so so obviously you won't at a deep depth with this much pressure (I hope!) so when/if you noticed it stiffing up you'll be at your safetystop or ready to surface. I dove with an unbalanced piston for years and never had an issue with it. There is a big advantage to this design too, which is that there is a sum total of one moving part and the design is virutually indestructable.

Also I don't think that piston style regulators are the best choice for water colder than about 40F due to the chance of freezing. They let water inside to balance them for ambient pressure and you don't want this water to freeze.

However, if I understand you, you're getting a regulator, BCD and tank for $375. That's sounds like a good deal to me too.

As for holding up in 115ft of water. It's designed to hold up at any depth you might dive at and I saw a review somewhere (took a quick look around for you) showing that it was tested at 51metres (167 ft) and still gave good results.

All in all it sounds on paper like a pretty good reg in it's price range and i found only positive reviews about it. I still wish that someone with first hand experience would give you an opinion though. As I said before I've never used this reg.

R..

Scubahorse..... interesting name. Could have many meanings:

a scuba diver who rides,
A cowboy who dives
A mounted cop with a hobby
A wet heroin user ....

to name a few. So what's the scoop?

R..

Hello All:

I been reading some of the comments posted, and I'm a little confused about Dacor overall. On one hand I heard that the quality is poor and that they are hard to service specially out of the States. But then, I read articles and benchmarks performed by Scuba Diving Magazine that praise the regulator as a top performer and "Divers choise" who should I believe. I'm interested in buying the Eagle Pro but would like more info.

Regards,
MO:confused:

Never, and I mean EVER, trust Rodales. They're horrible. Do a search on here on Rodale's. Their inconsistent from year to year on the exact same models, they have whacky testing criteria....

Personally, I would avoid Dacor. It's crap.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom