Dacor Darwin Computer?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Manny

Reaction score
I am interested in buying an entry level nitrox capable computer for my daughter who recently got her OW certification.

I have looked at the Dacor Darwin model. I have also done a thread search, but did not find much information.

The price and features of the Darwin seem attractive. I do not think that my daughter will go diving every weekend.

I will also welcome any comments or recommendations on other brands of computers. Thanks.

Take a look at the Oceanic on LeisurPro, I think it is about the same range as the Dacor you looked at.

That is right. The prices are very close.

I do not have any experience with either Oceanic nor Dacor. I use a Cochran Commander. It has performed well. However, I do not think that my daughter will do as much diving to invest in a cochran. Thanks.

Manny,

I use a Cochran and and Oceanic, like 'em both. Wife also dives with the Oceanic. Haven't used the Dacor. Toss a coin and give your daughter the winner!! Then again, if she like smaller, take a look at the Suunto Mosquito for just a few $ more.

Back
Top Bottom