Dacor Darwin computer Help Needed

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

sray1

New
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I have a Dacor Darwin Wrist model dive computer that has started to leak around the batery compartment. I noticed that the plastic edge that the o ring sits in on the battery compartment lid is broken. Does any one know how I can get a new top to the battery comparment? I tried a local dealer in Ottawa, Canada but he says that his rep at Mares Canada says that part can't be ordered anymore. Is there anyone that might have a spare I could purchase? I really like the computer and would like to keep using it if I can find the replacment piece.

The Dacor Darwin is a re-labeled Mares M1 with different software. The battery compartment lid is identical you mare be able to order one through your local Mares dealer. I saw a guy selling them old stock on eBay a few weeks ago. So they are still around but it may take some searching. Also this guy "atemreglerprofi" on eBay in Germany seems to stock a lot of older Mares spares so you could email him.

I had the same problem 2 years ago and was able to order the lid for M1(its cousin) from my local dealer. It was around 25 bucks.

Back
Top Bottom