D9 titanium

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

BubbleTrouble

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Has anyone seen the D9 titanium? It looks very hot!! Almost as hot as Scarlett Johansson in a hot tub.

Does anyone know when it's coming out?

That does look hot. I have the original D9. The Suunto web site only states "* Suunto D9 Titanium will be available in early 2007."

D9_both_med_2f461.jpg

Cheers.

-J.-

I can only image how much the titanium version must cost, does anyone know for certain.

No, but by comparison the steel stinger was AUD1300 and the titanium version was AUD2200. I would imagine the same or similar would apply to the D9.

Regardless of the price, that one good looking watch. Even if I weren't a diver I would consider buying it.

Why do you need a titanium? Do you have any disposal money?

D9's size can't replace your watch completely.

The current D9 is titanium, the new one has a titanium and stainless band. The D9 Titanium bracelet with transmitter retail is $1,925, without transmitter $1,499. The Titanium band will also be available as a part, March 2007 according to Aqualung. (Standard D9 with transmitter is $1,779, without $1,349).

Why do you buy any jewellery? I don't think it's out of need - it's just a want!

BubbleTrouble:
Why do you buy any jewellery? I don't think it's out of need - it's just a want!

There are some very legitimate reasons for choosing titanium over stainless steel or plastic. Titanium is lighter than stainless steel, approximately as strong, hypoallergenic, and will never corrode. Plastic is a compelling alternative material for those people with sensitive skin or those who desire a lightweight watch/dive computer. However, plastic is simply not as robust as titanium. For those who can afford it, titanium can be an ideal solution to practical dive quandaries.

Sadamune

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom