D70 Housings

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

If I was not very afrain I will paint my housing but all this buttons and O-rings.... no-no-no!!!
Ask you buddies next time how good the new 12-24 port is. Becauce I like to use one.
For the Moment I have one new 120 hemotparical dome that work great with the 10.5 & 16mm lenses.

Lambis

Yes, the Nexus port for the 10.5mm is very very nice. Incredibly compact and focus pretty much right on top of the dome itself. Next to Subal FE02 dome, it is very tiny.
My 2 divebuddies with Nexus/D2X will be in Lembeh Strait for 6 weeks so I will see if they try out their 12-24mm. Personally I will be shooting most of the time with 70-180mm macro, I think.
One divebuddy claims that he already plans on using his 10.5mm in Lembeh for something but he has not told me what yet. I am kind of curious to to see what he has in mind. I lent my 12-24mm to another friend with Nexus who is in Lembeh now so when I meet him next month, I will also ask him to see if he has a chance to try it out with the new Nexus port.

The Mawali wreck is in Lembeh. Although the vis wasn't great, I shot this with my 12-24mm

indo-wreck.jpg

Dave

Dave,yes, I was thinking a bit about wreck in Lembeh. My biggest problem though is that viz is generally not greeat great like Bunaken and there are so many macro stuffs to take picture of. Depending on how many dives I will get to do in Lembeh at wreck site, I might try wide angle on one of the dives. When I was there last month, viz was anywhere from 7-8m to 10-12 m most of the time so I pretty much concentrated on macro. Don't know if viz would be any better when I am there next month?

Re new 12-24 port from Nexus -it is much better than the old one and I can now focus about 5 inches in front of the port at 12mm. With the old port the issue was that you could not focus so close making CFWA an absolute pain (as I am really crap at CFWA it compounded the problem!!).

re Nexus website -I agree, really really terrible. USAnexus.com is the best but also usually not uptodate on the website HOWEVER they have great email support and have been a huge help to me - just send them an email and they will reply next day with an answer even if thye have to ask the factory in Japan.

A good local dealer is really a benefit and I am now very lucky there as Thailand has now gotten a great Nexus dealer (pro dive) who I rely on greatly.

Thanks man!!
I am reaaly in to go with a 12-24 lens. Have you dealer a email? I like to ask him about a 170 port that work grat with 10.5 & 16mm and is from mineral galss. i have hear about athena ports but I cnat find any infos.
BTW I think nexus make great housings.

Lambis

tingkka:
I have few questions for some who may know the answers to any below.

-which housing do you use for your D70 camera?
-I heard that Light and Motion D100 housing works with D70, but not sure. Are Sea and Sea better than L&M?
-I'm interested in L&M for its ROC control, but how useful is it?
-Ikelite any good?
-How come there is Canon Corner but no Nikon Nook?
-Do you fold or do you crumple your toilet paper after number 2?

Hi, I am pretty new at all this but I love the Ikelite Housing and service. I have a Nikon D-100 and two ports: the dome and the one for the 105mm macro. I can see my controls throught the housing and since I do not have all that memorized, I like that. I had a little cable to strobe issue and spoke to Ike himself, answering calls late at night somewhere in the midwest. I thought he was really cool and I love the fact that he seemed so interested in his product and my satisfaction with it, years after starting his company. (I am super gullible, so I could have been talking to a janitor but he sure sounded like the real deal) Anyway, my housing has been super. I have dragged it around to Palau, Cozumel, and out weekly here at home in Hawaii. I have braked my car and knocked it to the floor a few times and it is still doing its job!
I have a friend who deals Aquaticas and I just cannot justify the price as frequently as the technology makes your camera obsolete. They (Aquaticas) sure look sexy though.

Aloha,

whitehead:
email is: info@usanexus.com

a slight correction to my previous email - it should read 15 inches not 5 inches, still better than the old port.

Hmmm, that's better than the old Nexus port and significantly better than Sea and Sea Compact Dome port. Any problem with soft cornor etc? However, Subal FE02 dome will let the 12-24mm focus less than 6 inches away from the dome at 12mm without diopter.

motionsync:
Thanks man!!
I am reaaly in to go with a 12-24 lens. Have you dealer a email? I like to ask him about a 170 port that work grat with 10.5 & 16mm and is from mineral galss. i have hear about athena ports but I cnat find any infos.
BTW I think nexus make great housings.

Lambis

Lambis,

The local Nexus dealer that Whitehead and I use is Prodive. You can email jacky@panunee.com . However his English may not be the best and he is away in Lembeh right now. He is supposed to be in Lembeh still, next month when I am going there. I am not sure if he is coming back to Bangkok in between or not and his email access may not be the greatest while he is there since he only has GPRS service via his cellphone, I think.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom