d70 doing weird things

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
has anyone else had this?:

when you change lenses or randomly it sets the EV to another value to what you set it, normally -3 or something stupid like that, so your photo's are well under exposed.

when you press the review button the screen switches off after 30 secs despite it being set to 1 or 5 mins, and no matter how many times you press the review button the screen will not come on and you have to switch off and on the camera again?

it is really peeing me off!

i am taking it back to the shop to get them to look at it or send it to Nikon for a look.

We have 2 D70's and have never experienced anything like what you describe.....actually never had any trouble at all

I'd send it back to Nikon for service

Karl

Our group now has 6 D70s and no one has experience any similar problem. Unfortunately 3 out of 6 D70s had to be sent back to Nikon to repair various problems. Luckily it did not take me long to get to the local Nikon service center and we got the cameras back within a week.

ssra30:
Our group now has 6 D70s and no one has experience any similar problem. Unfortunately 3 out of 6 D70s had to be sent back to Nikon to repair various problems. Luckily it did not take me long to get to the local Nikon service center and we got the cameras back within a week.

now the nikon battery will not charge properly, i can put a spare battery in and it charges, the light comes on, but not the Nikon.

in the 9 months i have had it i have taken over 4500 photo's so it is getting well used.

just a bugger that i have to keep continually checking the settings as it changes them at will.

Summerland Key:
I have a D-100 and never had any of those problems. I would send it back to be checked.

it went back on monday, hopefully it should be a couple of weeks, 4 max.

the camera shop lent me a d100 while it is being repaired, which is ok for topside stuff, but not much use with my housing.

Back
Top Bottom