d70 and ikelight help needed

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

buleetu

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
hi all

i have a nikon d70 and ikelite housing do any of u have one,or are u familiar with the housing,im having a bit of a problem i think,im worried that i might have weakened or broke a part

im greasing up my housings knobs and buttons getting ready to go away to the red sea

u know the contol thing right below the shutter release button,it twists,it has 3 cogs attached inside the housing for adjusting shutter speeds,,the main cog inside the housing has a bronze screw on it,,i took it off to take the whole assembly apart to clean and grease and now ive noticed the the small steel plate that the bronze screw goes into is actually turning,,its shaped like a 50 pence peice (pentagon like?) i popped it out and has a double o ring, but now that ive put the whole asembly back together the 50 pence peice shape still turns,,, is this gonna leak or is the double o ring there to stop the leak

thanks everyone

You're probably OK, but what if there is something you missed? A little leak can be fatal. I would send it to Ikelite for an inspection. They will take a quick look for the cost of round trip freight. But it might need something, and you won't know.

If this is an older housing (built prior to 11/09), it's got the old port lock system. You want the new port lock system if you use the short dome with 5510.10 port extension, and Ikelite will do the upgrade for $150 and a full regular service for only $50 more. You can't beat that. SEE: http://www.ikelite.com/faq/faq_4portlock.html#superwide

I hate to get somewhere and realize one little thing has caused problems with my rig. For me it lessens my enjoyment of the dive trip a lot. Compared to the cost of the trip, the cost of pro service on your gear is negligible.

thanks for ur reply,i sorted out the problem with the bolt..the spring was out of shape and pushing the bolt plate outwards, i just bent the spring back into sharpe and its seems okay now,,when i get back from my trip im goning to send the housing off to ikelite.. thanks again

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom